Thursday 14 April 2011

4.19 am

It shakes my bones.
Hammers the night into my guts and
Takes flight the strength of twisted, clamped tight teeth.
Enamel cracks, and a half truth seeps out
Where a white lie grows black.
Infected by time,
Like a blackboard to scratch,
I claw my hands down a greasy face and feel deep the screech.
The deliberate hatred.
The tremulous rage.
The mechanical order of mind burns war with a chemical swirl.
I'm scared of love,
So with you I killed lonliness.
And fought for nothing much until the sun outshone our grave.

7 comments:

  1. I love this "Enamel cracks, and a half truth seeps out Where a white lie grows black.Infected by time".
    Powerful and deep like a root canal, deep inflicted pain. Great imagery; I really could your pain~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You illuminated inner pain with imagery nearly all of us can conceive. Well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the definition of angst-ridden
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The delibrate hatred." - Such a powerful line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very deep and powerful piece of writing.
    Living with hatred and lonliness, is so sad.

    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete